Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Braised Pork Ribs with Bok Choy - Crock Pot


I don't know about you, but I have heard so many people talk about bok choy. I personally have never had or prepared bok choy. It has such a cool name I had to give it a try.




As you may have read from my previous post while traveling home from Disney World we had some travel delays. During this extra time I was able to review some new dinner recipes in a few magazines I brought along with me.


One in particular that stood out to me was Braised Pork Ribs with Bok Choy. Anytime I read crock pot in the description I get excited. It just so happens that my local supermarket had ribs on sale this week so I had to give this recipe a try. The original recipe comes from Rachel Ray's EveryDay magazine.

Braised Pork Ribs with Bok Choy - Crock Pot

Ingredients:

3/4 Cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 Cup dark brown sugar
1 Bunch scallions, chopped (I used 1/4 cup of onions because that is all I had)
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1 oz Fresh ginger, minced
Pepper
4 lbs Country ribs or spare ribs
1 Large bunch boy choy, chopped into large pieces

Stir soy sauce, brown sugar, scallions, garlic, ginger and pepper together in a crock pot.

Add ribs and toss to coat with sauce. Add 1 cup of water and cook on low for 6-7 hours.

After meat is cooked thoroughly transfer to a platter. Pour the sauce into a large pan. Skim off the fat and bring to a boil.

Add bok choy and cook until the stems are tender, but still a little crispy, about 5-7 mins.


We really enjoyed this meal, especially the bok choy.

Serve ribs and bok choy over rice or couscous with the extra sauce.

0 comments: